If you have never lost your car keys before you probably have no idea what you should do or what options are available to you.
Many people incorrectly assume that once you have lost keys, new car keys can only be provided by a main dealer franchise. It’s quite possible that you didn’t realise a specialist key service like Key to My Car exists.
- Call Key to My Car on 07884 285570 – Discuss your requirements with an experienced auto locksmith who will ask all the necessary questions and supply you with a no obligation quote.
- Make an appointment – We will offer you a convenient time slot for the auto locksmith to attend your vehicle. We always call ahead and give you at least 30 minutes notice before we arrive.
- Replacement keys made while you wait – All car keys are made on site at your vehicle, while you wait. Payment is only made when we give you a fully functioning key that you are completely satisfied with.
If you choose the main dealer option you will be required to visit the dealer’s workshop with your V5 and proof of ID to order a new key. You will then have to wait a few days for the key to arrive then make an appointment and get your vehicle to their workshop for programming.
This can be an extremely long process – VW keys for instance are ordered in from Germany and usually take around five to 10 days to arrive from their factory. Some dealers are so busy that the wait for a programming appointment can be as long as several weeks. This is why we come to you.
How we make your new car or van key:-
- If the vehicle is locked we will first need to gain entry. This is done using specialist lock picking tools and techniques – there will never be any damage caused to your vehicle.
- If no key number is available we will remove a lock and take it apart to see how the key needs to be cut
- We will then cut a new key using specialist key cutting machinery – this is all done on site in our mobile work unit
- The transponder chip inside the key is paired to your vehicle with a diagnostic key programming machine
- Finally the remote is paired with the vehicle for a fully functioning remote central locking key